MAINTAINING QUALIFIED AND WELL-TRAINED HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE CODERS CAN BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST BURDENS A HOMECARE AGENCY FACES.
With new conditions of participation, updated codes, and ever changing regulations, providing training and education necessary to keep nursing staff up-to-date can quickly become a burden to the agency’s bottom line. When a clinician is in the home, their focus should be solely on the care of the patient and documentation of their condition rather than determination of the proper diagnosis code. Coding performed by improperly trained or distracted clinical staff can cost your agency in reimbursement, delayed billing and compliance risk.
Outsourcing your coding with Healthcare Strategies helps remove these burdens from your agency.
- HCS home health coders are ICD-10 and OASIS certified; and our hospice coders are hospice-certified.
- HCS coders receive training throughout the year to stay up to date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Our OASIS review is a complete review and not just a review of a few questions.
- Work performed by HCS coders receives quarterly and random audits to ensure the highest standard in accuracy and compliance.
- HCS coders are cross-trained in multiple EHR systems and are backed by a team of IT specialists to ensure they can work with any medical record software.
Outsourced coding helps by:
- Reducing agency costs associated with maintaining qualified coding staff
- Removing the added clinician burden of coding and OASIS review to:
- allow clinicians to increase their scheduled visits and improve productivity
- improve agency HHCAHPS
- increase agency profitability
- Removing the risk of downtime due to turnover in coding staff or other absences
- Ensuring the accuracy of reimbursement
- Ensuring timely release of claims
- Educating and training agency staff with continued feedback and recommendations from our coders and coding managers
When partnering with HCS for coding services, you will receive free unlimited access to our proprietary coding software, HCS CodesManager™. HCS CodesManager™ provides a secure portal for communication between the agency and HCS with secure submission of documentation.
Outsource with HCS, and your agency will:
- Reduce compliance risk
- Enhance clinician satisfaction
- Increase productivity
- Maintain greater accuracy in the individualized plan of care and OASIS
- Achieve higher star ratings and quality
- Improve profitability
MEMORIZATION DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GOOD CODER.
Understanding the conventions and guidelines of ICD-10 coding, having all of the manuals and tools available, and knowing how to use them makes you a good coder...this is the HCS difference!