Billing & Collections
FINDING EXPERIENCED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE BILLERS CAN BE A CHALLENGE, AND TRUSTING YOUR REVENUE CYCLE TO ANYTHING LESS THAN THE BEST CAN PUT YOUR AGENCY AT RISK.
Partnering with HealthCare Strategies gives you access to a team of exceptional billers with an average of 10 years billing experience. By dedicating ourselves to home health and hospice billing, our collections team understands the complexities of the homecare revenue cycle and what it takes to get your claims processed correctly. Knowing your accounts receivable is being handled promptly and professionally gives you peace of mind and allows you to focus on patient care.
More than just billing, your HealthCare Strategies billing team consists of:
- Experienced, professional billers to ensure accounts receivable is processed timely and accurately
- Information technology specialists who implement the latest billing and collection technologies
- Clinical experts who can answer your questions as they arise
- Financial managers and CPAs to assist in reporting revenue cycle activity
HealthCare Strategies will work with your agency to customize a billing and collections plan that fits your agency’s needs:
- Billing for all payers including Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Per Visit, state Medicaid, BlueCross and other commercial payers, Veterans Administration, and Self Pay
- Timely processing of remittances by posting and reconciling
- Following up on denials and incorrect payments
- Secondary and patient billing to collect deductibles and coinsurance amounts
- Tracking ADRs and medical record reviews
- Filing and managing appeals
Benefits of outsourcing:
- Improved cash flow
- Lower aged accounts receivable with fewer write-offs and bad debt
- Reduced stress on agency management by removing the burden of revenue cycle oversight
- Experienced with multiple software platforms to ensure your billing system is used to its fullest capabilities
- Less downtime created by employee turnover and time off
- Improved statistical and financial reporting through HCS customized month end reporting packages
THE DECISION TO OUTSOURCE IS OFTEN BASED UPON STAFFING COST.
Elimination of one or two billing or collection errors per month saves more than the full cost of staff.