Billing & Collections
Finding experienced and knowledgeable home health and hospice billers can be a challenge, and trusting your revenue cycle to anything less than the best can put your agency at risk.
By partnering with Healthcare Strategies, you have access to a team of exceptional billers with over 200 years combined billing experience. By dedicating ourselves to home health and hospice billing, our collections team understands the complexities of the homecare revenue cycle and what it takes to get your claims processed correctly. Knowing your accounts receivable is being handled promptly and professionally gives you peace of mind and allows you to focus on patient care.
More than just billing, your Healthcare Strategies billing team consists of:
- Experienced, professional billers to ensure accounts receivable is processed timely and accurately
- Information technology specialists implementing the latest billing and collection technologies
- Clinical experts who can answer your questions as they arise
- Financial managers and CPAs to assist in reporting revenue cycle activity
Healthcare Strategies will work with your agency to customize a billing and collections plan that fits your agency’s needs:
- Billing for all payers including Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Per Visit, state Medicaid, BlueCross and other commercial payers, Veterans Administration, and Self Pay
- Timely processing of remittances, by posting payments and adjustments, and reconciling posted amounts to remittances
- Determined follow-up on denials and incorrect payments
- Secondary and patient billing to collect deductibles and coinsurance amounts
- Tracking ADRs and medical record reviews
- Filing and managing appeals
Benefits of Outsourcing:
- Improved cash flow
- Lower aged accounts receivable with fewer write-offs and bad debt
- Reduced stress on agency management by removing the burden of revenue cycle oversight
- Experienced in multiple software platforms to ensure your billing system is used to its fullest capabilities
- Less downtime created by employee turnover and time off
- Improved statistical and financial reporting through HCS customized month end reporting packages
Value-based care is a form of reimbursement that ties payments for care delivery to the quality of care provided and rewards providers for both efficiency and effectiveness. This form of reimbursement has emerged as an alternative and potential replacement for fee-for-service reimbursement which pays providers retrospectively for services delivered based on bill charges or annual fee schedules.